Content

December 22, 2010

INTERVIEW #39: ADAM REVINGTON





Coming Up Strong: How did you get into photography?
Adam Revington: I started shooting shitty BMX videos with friends, and bombing down hills on our longboards. That ended one-day when I got some speed wobbles and flew - camera first into the road, ruining my brand new camera. From that, I got into photography.

CUS: What sort of themes do you try to explore through your photographs? Is there any one in particular in which you try to convey often?
AR: Teenage life.


CUS: Tell us a little about where you live.
AR: London. A city tearing down more and more trees each year to make way for houses.


CUS: Do you have a favorite photographer?
AR: Terry Richardson.

CUS: If you could photograph any person (past or present) whom would you choose?
AR: Sasha Grey.


CUS: What kind of camera do you use the most?
AR: Canon A-1, or my Yashica Dick point and shoot (I don’t know what its actual name is. It’s been covered by a ‘dick’ sticker for awhile). 


CUS: What is your most treasured possession?
AR: Roll of film in my camera.


CUS: If every photograph should contain one key element, what would it be in your opinion?
AR: A good story.

 
CUS: What are some of your favorite films?
AR: Videodrome, Sideways, Elephant, American Movie.


CUS: What’s your fondest childhood memory?
AR: Lego battles.


CUS: Who, or what, is your biggest influence?
AR: Larry Clark.


CUS: If you could be anyone for a day who would you be?
AR: Les Stroud.


CUS: What is your favorite photograph that you’ve taken and the story behind it?
AR: I don’t have a favourite photograph, but I like the story behind me getting my haircut in a bathtub.


CUS: Where do you see yourself in 20 years? Do you think that photography will still be a big part of your life?
AR: NYC, absolutely.


CUS: Our last interviewee, Alex Stoddard, wants to know: How supportive are your friends and family of your photography?
AR: My brothers real supportive. You can see him in a few of my photos. My friends are always supportive. 


CUS: Last but not least, what would you like to ask our next Interviewee?
AR: What is your idea of the perfect date?

1 comments:

  1. I think that you are doing a great job helping young talents. It's mesmerising how many talented people we have on Earth!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Loading...